Software is considered Ethical Source if it meets the following criteria:
- Freely distributed with source code and can be used or combined with other software without a royalty or fee.
- Developed in public view and welcoming of community contributions.
- The community of contributors is governed by a code of conduct that is consistently and fairly enforced.
- Creators have the right to prohibit use by individuals or organizations engaged in human rights violations or other behavior deemed unethical.
- Creators have the right to solicit reasonable and voluntary compensation from the communities or institutions that benefit from the software.
I facepalmed when I read the fifth criterium.